Coastal Pet Products is proud to offer an exclusive package of benefits under its newly relaunched Authorized Dealer program. The platform not only rewards our top specialty retailers for their commitment, but further supports those sellers’ crucial role in connecting pet owners to the quality Coastal Pet products that make the lives—and the lives of their pets—better.
Retailers are eligible for the Authorized Dealer designation if they have a brick-and-mortar, dog and cat specialty store that stocks Coastal Pet as their primary brand of solid nylon. They also must carry at least five of eight strategic product lines, such as Circle T® leather products, Titan® cable tie-outs, Bergan® travel products, Rascals® dog toys, and Turbo® cat toys.
Pet Retailer Perks
In support of these product categories, and in recognition of the retailer’s loyalty, Coastal offers a host of marketing and training options to help Authorized Dealers drive traffic and sales. Coastal Pet Authorized Dealers reap numerous advantages and rewards, with a recently expanded list of perks.
- Product designs shoppers can’t get anywhere else, including on ecommerce sites.
- Promotions and specials throughout the year.
- Portal on CoastalPet.com with value-added content sellers can use to market their business in person and online, including:
- social media posts
- high-resolution images
- POP displays
- direct-mail postcards customized with their store logo
- Lower drop-ship minimums ($150) to qualify for pre-paid freight.
- Business development funds for events, promos, and advertising to support converting the store and customers to new Coastal Pet lines.
- Quarterly visits from manufacturer’s reps to further retailer knowledge of industry trends and product offerings.
- Special recognition on Coastal’s “Where to Buy” online directory, searchable by location.
In addition, Authorized Dealers can take advantage of Coastal Pet’s selling specialist program, an in-store training unit designed to get employees engaged in the selling process. Participants learn about the products and how to assist customers in finding the right options for their pets’ specific needs, ideal for new or existing employee training. Coastal’s selling specialist program also helps staff members build confidence in and passion for their work, which can help boost both the retailer and the Coastal Pet brand.
“The Authorized Dealer program is perfectly in step with Coastal Pet Products’ reputation for quality,” says Eric Humbert, Director of Sales. “Authorized Dealers are leaders in the industry, creating true shopping experiences for customers and taking tremendous pride in their shops and offerings. They love serving the pet owner community, and we love supporting them. We truly value the opportunity to recognize and bolster their efforts.”
Retailers interested in becoming an Authorized Dealer should inquire with their manufacturer’s rep or their Coastal Pet regional sales manager. Don’t know your rep? Contact customer service at 800.321.0248 to get connected.