Want to Become a Coastal Pet Business Partner?
There are a number of ways retailers can do business with Coastal Pet.
Purchase from one of our distributor partners
Your first option is to purchase products through one of our distribution partners. Order minimums vary by distributor so be sure to get in contact with your distributor sales representative with questions. You will also be put in touch with a Coastal independent sales representative who can answer additional questions about our products.
Participation in our Drop Ship program
Similar to purchase through distribution, you will need to establish an account with one of our distribution partners. Once your account is established, you may create an online profile at CoastalPet.com for online ordering and quick order functionality, or Contact Coastal Pet’s customer service department to place you order. You will also be put in touch with a Coastal independent sales representative who can answer additional questions about our products. Orders will ship from Coastal to your store; however, billing and all price quotes are provided by the distributor. Coastal requires an order minimum of $225 for prepaid freight. Those who qualify for and participate in our Authorized Dealer program will receive a lower order minimum for prepaid freight.
Direct Purchase Retailer
SUBJECT TO APPROVAL – Retailers wishing to purchase directly from Coastal must meet the following criterial and are subject to review and approval.
- Must be recommended as a direct account by a Senior Market Manager and approved by National Field Sales Manager
- Must operate a minimum of five retail stores carrying Coastal as a primary product line
- Must meet an annual purchase minimum disclosed by the Senior Market Manager
- Maintain a $225 minimum per order
- Must pay within stated credit terms
Authorized E-commerce Retailer
SUBJECT TO APPROVAL – Online Retailers wishing to sell Coastal products must purchase from a distributor partner. Once a partnership with an approved distributor is established, the e-commerce retailer must be approved by Coastal Pet Products.
PLEASE NOTE: retailers wishing to sell on 3rd party marketplaces, such as Amazon, eBay, and Walmart will not be approved.
If qualified, please fill out the Authorized Retailer Website Registration Form.
Coastal Pet’s Authorized Dealer program is an extension of our traditional partnerships. Authorized dealers receive:
- AD only promotions and specials
- Exclusive product designs
- Special programming for category conversions Business development support
- $150 drop ship minimum to qualify for pre-paid freight
- Priority service and field support
- Highlighted Listing on Coastalpet.com “Where to Buy”
- Exclusive content in Coastalpet.com B2B portal
- Access to the selling specialist program for store associates
Qualifications for becoming an Authorized Dealer include:
- Must operate a brick and mortar retail location
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly store that stocks and focuses on dog and cat supplies.
- Must be recommended by a Coastal Pet sales representative
- Must stock Coastal Pet Products as your primary brand of solid nylon and carry at least 5 of the following 8 categories:
- Circle T® leather products
- Titan® or Herm Sprenger® Chain Training Collars
- Titan® Cable Tie Outs and Stakes
- Power Walker® by Coastal Retractable Leash
- Bergan® by Coastal travel products
- Safari® by Coastal grooming tools
- Rascals® by Coastal dog toys
- Turbo® by Coastal cat toys
SUBJECT TO APPROVAL – Due to our existing partnerships, any new distribution partners are carefully reviewed and considered based on the following standards:
- Coastal must have a need for a wholesale distributor in the state or region
- The distributor must operate a warehouse and must stock our key products
- The distributor must meet an annual minimum purchase amount to be disclosed by Coastal
- Maintenance of a minimum per order value of $500 for domestic US orders or $1,000 for international orders
- Must pay within stated credit terms
Approved distributors will be serviced by an independent sales representative for Coastal.